Right after Keen Gaming coped with their compatriots from EHOME in the quarterfinals of WESG Grand Final, we caught up with Ren eLeVeN Yangwei to ask him about unusual draft decisions and relation to the status of favorites of WESG.
- Can you sum up the match against EHOME, why did you let your opponents to come back on the second map?
- The biggest problem was that we paid too much attention to Ursa, but not to the other heroes. And when game turned into late, we felt incapable of playing against other heroes in opponent’s draft. Also, we lost many chances that we usually don't lose. I mean situations like killing Roshan, some team fights.
- What justified the choice of Vengeful Spirit for the core position?
- We picked this hero because we think that this hero has some very impactful skills. Vengeful Spirit's skills don't require a big mana pool, so she has a huge utility. Also, she's not so dependent on experience and net worth. And it's comfortable to close the draft with such a hero.
- Tell us about the preparation for the WESG.
- We didn't do any long-term preparations.
- For you personally, what makes WESG so special among other tournaments?
- There are many teams from different countries, different areas, which makes the tournament special by itself. Obviously, we have Majors and Minors, but we also need competitions like this.
- What is your motivation to win the championship: money, represent your country, personal reasons?
- Firstly, for me it was all about to be the best. I like to win tournaments and be a champion. But then... I have a child, so I want to win here for my wife and family. Of course, there are many reasons, I'm in love with Dota but family is always on the first place.
- Many players said in the interview that Keen Gaming is the most dangerous team of those that play here. How does it feel to be a favorite?
- I think that players can consider us as a dangerous team because of how we play the game. Probably because of our aggressive playstyle. But for us it's just normal.
- We aren't really used to people call us the best team on the event. To be honest, I don't think that we are the strongest team here. But I can agree that we have a little advantage over the others because we have a whole team here, comparing to Virtus.pro or EHOME, for example.
- Do you feel an additional pressure from the fact that the championship is held in China?
- Nothing in common with that. Moreover, I feel myself more confident and convenient because we are playing at home.
- Which team of those that advanced to the playoffs do you want to defeat the most? Which team would you like to meet in the final?
- It's doesn't matter for us which team we will face next. We will show our best against anyone.